Thursday, October 30, 2014

Creepshow (1982)

Great Dark Comedy!


One of the best dark comedies ever made. Creepshow contains five of the most bizarre and twisted tales of horror - yet they are quite comically told. Worth watching if you enjoy odd-ball comedy and horror.

I am not sure which of the five stories is my favorite because all of them are good. "Father's Day" and "The Crate" are pretty creepy and thrilling as well as sprinkled with some good black comedy. To me, "The Lonesome Death of Jordy Verrill" is the most comical story - just something about keeps me laughing just thinking about it. "Something to Tide You Over" is the scariest of all the stories for me (the idea of drowning *shivers*). And the last story, "They're Creeping Up on You!", wins the gross-out factor for me. All in all we have a great mix of thrills, horror and comedy in this awesome classic movie.

This movie is a long time favorite of mine. If you like the first Creepshow movie then I highly recommend the second film: Creepshow II.

10/10

Creepshow (1982)

No comments:

Post a Comment