Monday, October 27, 2014

Camelot (1967)

A Good Musical Dramedy

This is a fairly good version of the story of the Arthurian Legend. I would say *basically* it is the long running musical now on film. I do like this movie quite a bit although I will admit it is not my favorite version of the legendary tale.I love the costuming and sets in this film - very exquisite.

It is a musical - so be prepared for a few musical interludes during the film. And the songs are not all that bad for a musical. Although I will admit that the film would be good - a little bit better - without all of the singing to me because I simply want to get to the great story which is the reason for watching this film.
One more thing about this film - it is a Dramedy (comedy-drama). I would have personally preferred if this film was pure drama.

If you like Camelot then you might enjoy other films such as "First Knight", "Excalibur", "The Mists of Avalon" and even Disney's classic animation "The Sword in the Stone".

8/10


No comments:

Post a Comment